– Platform will initially reach 175 million consumers each month across 23 countries on 5 continents – creating the largest network of its kind
– 75,000 sites worldwide will be equipped with NFC, QR and/or SMS capabilities
– Global launch builds on success of UK Mobile Platform
– Clear Channel UK to more than double existing platform to 25,000 locations
In a world first, Clear Channel Outdoor (CCO), is rolling out Connect, its interactive mobile advertising platform globally, generating more opportunities for consumers and brands to connect.
Advertising panels on CCO’s pedestrian-accessible sites across the globe will be turned into mobile launch pads, enabling consumers to access interactive content from advertisers via their smartphones. Connect creates seamless integration between out-of-home and mobile, driving deeper brand engagement with consumers when they are out and about.
The Global launch builds on the success of UK Mobile Platform which launched with 10,000 sites in urban areas across the country in March 2013.
In the UK, Clear Channel has announced plans to expand their existing Mobile Platform to an additional 15,000 sites, bringing the platform to every urban area in the UK with a population in excess of over 100,000.
The UK deployment with see Clear Channel’s distinctive Mobile Platform tags appear in new environments, including shopping malls and on the Socialite network of digital screens in urban pubs and bars.
By June 2014, CCO will:
– Create a mobile network reaching 175 million consumers monthly across 23 countries on 5 continents
– Be able to offer marketers the biggest out-of-home/mobile interactive platform from any media owner and the only one with a global scale
– Over 75,000 outdoor sites fitted with Connect tags enabled for Near Field Communication (NFC), QR code and, in Latin America, SMS capabilities
Consumers simply tap or scan their smartphone over Connect’s NFC tag or QR code to instantly open a gateway to an online brand experience. In CCO’s Latin American markets, the platform will also run with the addition of SMS capability; a tailored SMS code will appear on the outdoor advert.
Advertisers can enhance the Connect user experience by offering a range of consumer benefits, which can be grouped into 4 main categories:
– Information – search, maps, location-relevant, utility
– Shopping – transactional, discounts / vouchering
– Entertainment – gaming, video, photos, apps
– Community – social media, text / IM, sharing
Advertisers and planners will also benefit from the rich data and metrics captured by Connect, including date, time, location, conversion of click-thru’s, and even which kinds of device were used – all allowing for campaign optimisation, performance review and delivery of ROI.
CCO will be showcasing Connect and its full capabilities at the forthcoming Festival of Media Global event (6-8 April) in Rome, where Clear Channel Communications’ CEO Bob Pittman, will also be one of the event’s key speakers.
CCO first launched its mobile platform in the UK with a nationwide rollout in 2013 that included 10,000 mobile-enabled sites in urban areas right across the country. CCO’s mobile platform has since been launched in Belgium, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands and Singapore. The global roll-out of Connect will see additional platforms planned for completion by June 2014 in: Brazil, Denmark, Estonia, France, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the USA.
Via: Clear Channel