National audience mobility remains stable
(w/e 5th February 2021)
- National Mobility: 62.7 % (down 0.1 percentage points week on week)
- National Mobility is approximately 13 percentage points more than during the first lockdown
- Urban Mobility: 62.9% (flat week on week)
- England Mobility: 64.5% (down 0.2 percentage point week on week)
- Wales Mobility: 45% (flat week on week)
- Scotland Mobility: 71.% (down 0.1 percentage points week on week)
Mobility Data is from our partner, Three. It is based off a pre-lockdown baseline of 100.
Weekly UK Mobility Index Change
UK mobility remains stable
What this means for brands and clients
With positive news around the vaccine roll-out to date, and as the UK moves into Spring, mobility levels can only start to rise.
November’s lockdown ended with a rapid recovery in retail audiences, recovering 5 times faster than in the first March lockdown, taking only 2 weeks to recover compared to the 4 months from Lockdown 1 (Google mobility data).
As mobility starts to gradually increase across the UK, we anticipate mobility returning to the same levels of stability as we did in November’s second lockdown.