British Airways provided a stage for emerging talent at the Isle of Wight Festival this year. Ten brand new acts from around the UK and Europe were given the opportunity to play to crowds of up to 55,000 from June 12 -14, 2014 on the #BAmusic Stage during the course of the event.
The acts, selected by British Airways, were chosen to represent some of the short-haul destinations the airline flies to from London Gatwick; bringing together artists from Spain, France, Italy, Croatia and of course the UK to the festival.
The ten acts British Airways is showcasing will include:
- BAUNZ (Italy) – Sleek Italian house from Rome
- DJ TOTTIE (Spain) – Deep house and techno from the clubs of Barcelona
- HARLEIGH BLU (UK) – Classic soul with a distinctive edge
- XANDER MILNE (France) – French inspired disco and house
- CHAMPS (UK) – Alternative indie folk from the Isle of Wight
- REBECCA CLEMENTS (UK) – A future folk star from Bristol
- KARYMA ELLIS (UK) – An R&B spin on an alternative pop delivery with jazz soul vocals
- DJ MIA (Croatia) – Croatian inspired club bangers meets party classics
- LAUREN ON REPEAT (UK) – Party tunes to make you dance
- RAYON NELSON (UK) – Reimaging of acoustic and soul
British Airways staff were also on hand with essential items to help keep everyone refreshed and feeling great. Visitors to the #BAmusic stage and readers of Time Out magazine were also given the opportunity to win tickets to see the acts performing in their own country and explore their local music scenes later on in the year.
The event follows the success of last summers ‘#BABeachside’ event on Brighton beach, which saw people strapped in to airline seats and hoisted 100ft above the beach, while being treated to a fine dining experience from a kitchen in the sky.
This campaign was organised by psLIVE and featured in TimeOut London.